15 BEST PUERTO PENASCO HOTELS
With 350 days of sunshine a year and only a 4 hour drive from Phoenix or Tucson, it’s no surprise that everyone is cheery about Rocky Point Mexico.
There are so many lodging choices for all different budgets. You can choose from a luxury resort to pitching a tent on the beach, with many options in between.
You will find the majority of the upscale resorts on the 2 mile beach stretch called Sandy Beach. Out of the 15 beach hotels located on the Sandy Beach area 13 of them are privately owned condominiums of various sizes.
There are no hotel chains here yet but all of these resorts have swimming pools and most of them have swim up bars, onsite restaurant, spa, fitness center, beach palapas, hot tubs and of course happy hour. One of them, Las Palmas, has large water slides and Las Palomas has a lazy river and golf course.
Main differences from your traditional stay at a hotel in the US.
- All condos have different furnishings and they also come with full kitchens, living rooms, large ocean view balconies and even washer and driers. When booking your condo you will be able to see photos for that specific condo to make sure the decor is to your style and liking.
- No daily maid service at these resorts with the exception of Las Palomas, but you can always use the washer and dryer if you need clean towels.
- You will also find there is no room service with the exception of Las Palomas and Las Palmas.
- All these Rocky Point hotels will have you wear a bracelet during your stay. All guests must wear a bracelet with the exception of children ages 3 and under at most hotels. If you are not wearing a bracelet you are not allowed on the hotel’s grounds. This is with the intention of making sure that only hotel’s guests can enter the resort as well as to make sure people don’t have more guests than is allowed per unit.
- There are several fees in addition to your nightly stay which can bring up the price quiet a bit. These fees include but are not limited to cleaning fee, impact fee (this is a charge for water usage), damage waiver (this is a charge for possible major damages to the condo), tax which as of this writing is 19.8%.
- Most of these Puerto Penasco hotels will also have you leave a refundable damage deposit due at check in. It is usually $200.00 and is payable by credit card. If no damages are found in your condo then you will get this money back in your account about 5 days after your departure.
We used several factors to determine the best hotels in Puerto Penasco such as hotel star ratings and user ratings obtained from TripAdvisor and Google as well as hotel class rating. We also used input received from thousands of our customers over the last 25 years. We considered hotel location, proximity to the beach, level of service, hotel age and upkeep, quality of furnishings and resort amenities among others.
The rankings also reflect our opinion and experience with Rocky Point over the last 25 years. We only reviewed hotels that are 300 yards or less from the beach. All this information was obtained as of March 2019.
Note that even though we had to give each hotel a ranking number the difference for a lower or higher number is very minimum as most of the hotels on Sandy Beach are very similar and offer almost the same amenities with a few differences.
It’s important to know that while most Puerto Penasco hotels are designated with a 4 star class hotel by TripAdvisor and Google ratings, they don’t include all of the amenities that you would expect to get at a 4 star hotel in the U.S.
Some of the things you may be expecting but will not get are maid service, valet parking, bath products, state-of-the-art electronic devices in guest rooms, full service concierge, extended food service hours, full service spa (only some of them have them), high end gift shop, WiFi in all rooms (most have it but not all).
BEST ROCKY POINT HOTELS RANKINGS 2019
#15 in Best Hotels in Puerto Penasco
HOTEL CLASS 3 STARS
Las Gaviotas Rocky Point is a small condo complex with only 45 condos most of them very colorfully decorated with a Mexican charm. The condos are built in rows movie theater style and there are no elevators. There is a swimming pool and bbq grills. Central location within minutes of shops, restaurants, atv rentals, jet skis… READ MORE>>
#14 in Best Hotels in Puerto Penasco
HOTEL CLASS 3 STARS
The Marina Pinacate is a casual hotel minutes away from several restaurants, bars and shops but there is no restaurant or bar onsite. The hotel offers 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condos with full kitchens and ocean views. The condos are a bit older and show some wear and tear, there is a pool. Very reasonable rates, about 50 yards from the beach… READ MORE>>
Casa Blanca Golf & Villas
#13 in Best Hotels in Puerto Penasco
HOTEL CLASS 3 STARS